Easy Kit instruction manual and set-up
Here you can find the step by step guide to set-up and wire your lighting kit
1. General instructions and warnings before starting to wire-up your ballast
Be sure before installation that;
- The power is off
- The bulb you are using is the same watt and corresponds to the parameters of the ballast
- The ballast is in the upright position TOP facing upwards
- You position the ballast in a safe environment (ballasts don’t support humidity)
- To connect the ballast to the mains and reflector use cables in silicone for high voltages
- The maximum length of the cables from ballast to lamp do not exceed 16mt.
2. What do you need to install the kit?
For a correct set-up you need:
- Easy Green power ballast from 150,250,400 or 600watts
- The lamp holder and reflector Long gloss
- An MH, HPS or AGRO bulb of equivalent watt to the ballast
- A cable with 3 wires and plug to connect to the power mains
- A cable with 3 wires to connect for the ballast to the reflector/lamp holder
- A small split screw driver to open and close the terminals
3. How to connect the wires from the ballast to the reflector
To connect the ballast to the lamp holder it is necessary to insert the earth wire(yellow and green) and the 2 phase wires(neutral and live blue and brown) as indicated in the diagram.
4. Wiring the cable of the ballast
To wire the cable of the ballast and mains plug it is necessary to insert the cables as indicated in the diagram.
5. Opening the wiring case on the reflector
To wire the reflector it is necessary to open the wire box positioned on the back of the lamp holder by placing a little pressure on the sides. Once opened you will find three wires in the box. Two phase wires and one earth wire. The earth wires is distinguishable as it is placed higher than the other 2 wires and is accompanied by the standard symbol. The wires will then be inserted in the terminals.
6. Wiring the terminals
In the terminals place the earth wire centrally and the other 2 phase wires each side. Be sure to tighten the screws well.
7. Prepare the cable from and to the reflector
Make the wires coming from the ballast pass through the cable hole of the wiring box.
8. Wiring the cables form the ballast
In the other side of the terminals place the earth wire centrally and the other 2 phase wires each side. Be sure to tighten the screws well.
10. Closing the wire box
Close the wire box by pressing the sides and locking the box so as to avoid accidental opening.
11. Remove the protective film
Before screwing your bulb in, remove the protective film on the reflector.
12.Screwing the bulb
Screw the bulb in the lamp holder, using preferable a cloth to avoid damage.
13. Suspension devise for the reflector Easy Rollers (pulleys)
The reflector must be placed at a distance of about 40cm from the top of the plant.
Placing the light to near can cause the plant to suffer from excess heat. Given that the plant in time will grow in height , its advise to install a simple pulley system (easy rollers) which allows to regulate the height of the light in a simple move. On the upper side of the reflector two bendable wings are present to be able to attach the string of the pulleys.