The toothbrush made from the root of a plant
Siwak - also called Miswak - is a natural toothbrush, a stick obtained from the roots or branches of the Salvadora Persica plant, traditionally used by Arab peoples as a tool for dental hygiene.
How is Siwak used?
- The stick obtained from the plant is carved at the end with a knife or with the teeth, in order to remove the bark and free the internal plant fibers. The released fibers, such as the bristles of a pipe cleaner or a toothbrush, help to clean the interdental spaces of food residues and to remove plaque and tartar from the teeth and gums.
- Traditionally, siwak bristles are dipped in rose water before use, however they can also be placed in contact with small amounts of toothpaste, just like a normal toothbrush. Brushing must take place without rubbing too much and with vertical movements that proceed from the gum towards the free edge of the tooth. It is also necessary to be careful to carefully clean the siwak after use and to frequently remove the worn bristles, which will be replaced by the incision of a new piece of bark.
Why use a natural toothbrush like Siwak
- An effective aid in the treatment of teeth and oral cavity
- 100% natural product
- Cleans your teeth
- Freshen your breath
- Protects the gums
- Gives a shine to the teeth
- Natural antibacterial
- Helps with teeth whitening
- Gentle on the teeth
- Contains vitamins and minerals
- Convenient for use wherever you are and even without toothpaste
Salvadora Persica (called Arak in Arabic)
The bark of the Salvadora Persica (Arak) tree aromatic, with a warm and pungent taste. Some researches have shown its moderate content of antibacterial substances, useful in the prevention of halitosis and dental diseases. The presence of minerals, such as fluorine and silicon, also argues in favor of the traditional use of siwak as a tool for dental hygiene. The amount of research in this regard is still insufficient to establish whether the use of siwak can have an effectiveness equal to, higher or lower than that of modern toothbrushes.
Also available with case!
Recensioni per Siwak - Natural toothbrush with travel case
- Overall opinion
- Product quality
- Easy to use
- Expected results
Ogni utente può scrivere una recensione. Add your review.